This weekend – 24 – 27 September sees the Radio Times Festival on The Green at Hampton Court Palace. Many a famous face will be making an appearance.
To make a real day of it you can arrive by boat. Turk Launches run a river boat service to Hampton Court from Kingston (35 mins trip) and Richmond (1hour 45 mins trip). Bar and toilet on board each boat.
What will be happening at Radio Times Festival?
The festival is a vibrant celebration of all that entertains us through TV, radio and books. Over four days, there will be talks, panel discussions and exhibits, plus story readings and workshops for children.
Here’s just the smallest taster of some of the names appearing – – there are over 70 sessions on offer. All details can be found on the Radio Times Festival website
Just a taster of some of the names appearing:
- Andrew Marr
- Sir David Attenborough
- Sir Bruce Forsyth
- Tony Parsons
- Tracy Borman
- The Archers – editor Sean O’Connor
- Melvyn Bragg
- David Walliams
- Tony Parsons
- Wildlife TV presenters Steve Leonard, Martin Hughes-Games and Doug Allan
Plus separate sessions with key people giving insights to ever popular TV: Poldark, Dr Who, Eastenders, Sherlock, Silent Witness, Wolf Hall and more…click here
- Story telling session with Tony Ross author and illustrator of Little Princess TV show
- Shaun the Sheep model making
- Storytelling and singalong with Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler From Gruffalo to Stickman
- Story telling: Julian Clary and David Roberts – The Bolds
To purchase tickets for the Radio Times Festival – visit their website, click here for details
Boats from Richmond leave St Helena Pier – outside White Cross Pub
Boats from Kingston leave from Turks Pier at the back of John Lewis.
Boat trip tickets are purchased on board. See timetable